So, recently the theory that Apollo might have switched sides and be the Prosecutor for GS5 have cropped up. Me and my friends pondered over that theory and have come up with a more detailed version as to why that could be.
Phoenix’ design in GS5 has the locket with Trucy’s picture on him, but he’s no longer wearing it around his neck, but in his chestpocket. Close to his heart. This has been confirmed.
Also, in an interview, Eshiro stated that Phoenix returned to court to fullfill an important promise.
Remember the end of GS4: Phoenix promised Thalassa to look after her children. Well then, get out your tissues, here comes a very sad theory:
Sometime soon after GS4, Apollo and Trucy are investigating into a case, but go too far and are too daring. Trucy is killed in the investigations, to stop her from passing on information to Apollo. Apollo is, naturally, devastated. Frantically, he puts his all into the case to pin down the criminal and get revenge for his partner, and he eventually collects enough solid evidence to take him down. He thinks he got him…
…Except the Jurist System. The guilty party manages to twist and turn the evidence and testimony into a sob story that makes him look like victim more than a murderer. And he gets away mildly. Apollo is madened by how this System, this system HE helped get installed into the law, caused Trucy’s murderer to go unscathed. So much, he stays crying in the courtroom even long after the trial ended.
Afterwards, an equally shocked Phoenix (but not traumatized - he saw dear people die before. It hurts a lot but he can somehow deal with it) finally confesses the truth to Apollo. That Trucy was his sister. That’s the final straw for Apollo, he is DONE with Phoenix, DONE with his lies, his ideas, his using him to his own end and him not being there when Trucy would have needed him the most. (Though, the last wasn’t Phoenix’ fault.) He leaves the office and becomes a Prosecutor, bitter, and intent on making sure that, Jury or not, never again will a murderer like that walk away free, never.
But for Phoenix, the matter isn’t done like that. He hasn’t just lost Trucy; Apollo’s behaviour and experiences also give him servere flashbacks to Edgeworth’s situation a decade ago. He feels he failed his promise to Thalassa in it’s entirety and makes a decision: He needs to get Apollo back. He needs to restore his faith into Justice and people. He needs to do this, for Thalassa, for Trucy and for himself. That’s why he goes back into Law. What worked for Edgeworth should work for that Kid too, after all, right?
Except Apollo is still a Gramayre and Nick, (as his new system beautifully underlines) is a Poker Player, a Bluffer. Apollo’s speciality is seeing through Bluffs. Through Phoenix has a surprisingly hard time winning trials against what used to be his vastly inferior student…
It’s like elementar weaknesses. And Perceiving beats Bluffing, as Phoenix must now realize. So he has to give it his all if he really wants to get through to the kid…
Eshiro claims GS5 would have a “darker” tone than the earlier games, and what is darker than killing of Phoenix’ beloved daughter right before the game, as well, as giving another character the Edgeworth treatment… On-screen?
It’s just a theory, but I think it’d make sense.
- mitzuthederp likes this
- ikkjd likes this
- moumentai likes this
- rantingandmorerambling likes this
- theghostcatlady reblogged this from nenilein and added:
- skyehouzuki likes this
- love-whipping-lawyers reblogged this from love-being-a-lawyer
- love-being-a-lawyer reblogged this from lawyer-since-the-alba
- lawyer-since-the-alba reblogged this from nenilein
- theghostcatlady likes this
- arthulian reblogged this from nenilein
- camus-sexual reblogged this from nenilein
- mistytpednaem likes this
- frogsandrosbifs reblogged this from nenilein
- ladykotohime likes this
- pancitoconmermelada likes this
- sparklyawesomeness reblogged this from nenilein
- bookslesparks reblogged this from nenilein
- bookslesparks likes this
- tsunderisms reblogged this from kagamination
- saltytea likes this
- gao- likes this
- shroomfull reblogged this from cinnanie
- anuncannyfellow likes this
- digitalarcadia likes this
- bloodraton reblogged this from cinnanie
- love-go-ruubumny likes this
- gintaxalvissforever reblogged this from nenilein
- gintaxalvissforever likes this
- cinnanie reblogged this from bichuup
- orange-triangle likes this
- kagamii likes this
- 7minn reblogged this from kimizuki
- cacklingwitchitywitch likes this
- kimizuki reblogged this from thefaesorceress
- kimizuki likes this
- garchopex reblogged this from kagamination
- garchopex likes this
- thefaesorceress reblogged this from nenilein
- furuya-ryuuji likes this
- ishimaruu reblogged this from kagamination
- piccadillyfool reblogged this from nenilein
- plegian-dark-mage likes this
- kagamination reblogged this from manwaifu
- kagamination likes this
- empereurneron likes this
- whenthepikachucry reblogged this from hallilaul
- whenthepikachucry likes this
- tsugoufu likes this
- hallilaul reblogged this from manwaifu